Pages

Dear Dad

No one knows the love I have for my dad.  He's my number one man, my cheerleader, biggest fan, coach, teacher, friend, and laughing buddy.  That's just to mention a few.  The things he has taught me is countless and there would be no way to write it all down and some are not expressable in words.  He's taught me to have goals and to work to achieve them, to love those around me always, to never be afraid to stick up for what I believe in, to serve others before yourself, and to take life as a pleasant journey.  He taught me to chase the end of the rainbow, to thank Grandma D for the pretty sunsets, to sing when you're having fun and make up silly songs (that will stay with me for the rest of my life), and make ordinary, everyday tasks memorable.  He is one of the biggest reasons it makes me sad to grow up.  He is the one person that can make me laugh every single day to the point that I have tears streaming down my cheeks and I can't breath.  Although I never admit it, he is the funniest person I know, but shh.. don't tell him I said that. ;) He always makes an effort to teach  me and the other kids little tasks that will help us in our life.  For example, every time he works on a car, he asks me if I want to learn how to do 'this' whatever this may be, because I might need to know how one day.  He's not one that can just sit still.  He is the hardest working man I've ever met.  Whether it be in the yard, the garden, at work, with his church calling, helping the neighbors, cooking dinner, doing the dishes or the laundry, or just playing with us kids, he is always doing something that will benefit someone else. I look up to his testimony and love for the gospel.  He's been a extremely important missionary in my life.  I love his sense of humor, and how much he loves his family.  I deeply cherish every memory I have with him.  He's my best friend. One day I'm going to have to grow up and move out, and I dread that day,  only because that means he won't be right there with me.  I hope and pray I find a guy with qualities like my dad's that I will be blessed to marry.  He's one of a kind, and I'm grateful that he's in my life.


 
 

 
Happy Birthday! You don't look a day over 25.. ;)
Love you Daddy. More than words could ever tell you.

Your Georgia Peach,

No comments:

Post a Comment