Pages

Happiness Is Real

Sometimes we need to be reminded of what happiness is, and what it can be. Not just happiness, but real happiness. If you're like me, you're probably thinking to yourself, "Is there a difference?" Tonight I was taught a valuable lesson that I will forever hold near to my heart.
If you are unfamiliar with the name Al Fox I highly recommend you look her up. I had the privilege to listen to this sweet sister tonight at a YSA Relief Society dinner. She's a convert to the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and boy is she an inspiration. I won't tell you her whole story, but I want to touch on some meaningful things that left me spiritually enlightened.

1- Happiness is REAL. There is such a thing, and you can have it all of the time. It's called the gospel and the Book of Mormon.
2- It's not about me, it's about you. It's about where you are going, and what I can do for you.
3- Never stop. When you stop is when the feelings of doubt, insecurity, nervousness, and weakness crawl into your body and mind. You just always have to keep going, and things will work out how they are supposed to.
4- God always hears your prayers, and when he answers, he provides a way for you to be rewarded with that blessing. That's just how it is. You've just got to keep the faith.
5- You are going to go through hard things. Things you don't feel you can overcome, but if you turn to the Lord and pray in times of despair, you will be made into a person stronger than you could imagine. Someone so much better than you ever envisioned. You'll be able to do all things. Not only should you turn to the Lord in times of despair and hardships, but also in times of triumph and joy. He always listens.

What a blessing it is to know what real happiness is. I'm so grateful to know of the truthfulness of this gospel and to have a testimony burning in my soul at all times! It truly is the light in times of darkness, and the joy in times of sorrow. I'm a proud member of this incredible church.




No comments:

Post a Comment