Pages

Dear College Students

No one likes to hear that summer is coming to an end, but unfortunately, it has to happen every year.  With this being said, it brings in the dreaded realization that the first day back to school is right around the corner. Not only is it the first day of school for me, it's the first day of college.  What happened to those thirteen years in public schools filled with hall passes and busy work? As I am about to embark on this next journey, I have come to learn a few things that I would have changed before and right after I graduated.

#1- Even though Math is terrible, take it every year anyway. You might not need the credit your Senior year, but you sure need the know-how.
#2- If Math isn't your strong point, is your worst subject and causes you a lot of stress, get a tutor.  All the cool kids have one. (You just might not realize they do).
#3- If you actually study and get a good ACT score (a.k.a math), things will work out a lot more like you  hope when you begin college. 
#4- Don't procrastinate registering for classes. It just creates a lot of unwanted stress that you should avoid experiencing. 
#5- Don't procrastinate on Financial Aid or Scholarship matters. This also causes unnecessary stress.
#6- Get a job as soon as summer begins. Yeah, I know what you're thinking. It's summer, why work it away? This is why. You have to pay for school somehow. Get a job.
#7- Don't be nervous. You've done this thirteen times. You'll end up enjoying it. (This is advice to my future self. Nerves are normal, right?)

Four more days until I grow up. I find this all terrifying, exciting, and bizarre. Am I really old enough to be doing this? I think reality is about ready to open my eyes real wide.  Ready or not, here it comes.

To all of you going back to school, I wish you the best of luck.






No comments:

Post a Comment