Pages

The Weekend + Easter

+ Minus from my dad, I got flowers for the first time from the male gender.


+ German chocolate has tickled my taste buds all weekend. 
+ I got to catch up with a friend who just returned from his LDS mission. (hence the chocolate from Germany)
+ I shopped until I dropped (literally) at City Creek with my madre and sister.


+ While shopping, I bought the most amazing dress, ON SALE. Praise to the clearance heavens.
+ Happened upon the cutest old time candy store. Hello sugar bliss.



+ Took the traditional Easter pictures with the fam. (Yay for self timer fails.)

 

+ Visited my mom for the afternoon.



+ Had Easter dinner with the extended family.




+ And lastly, I got to celebrate the life of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so grateful to be a part of this gospel, and to have the knowledge that I do. I'm grateful for the atonement. I know the strength that comes from it, the healing, and the blessings. I know that my Redeemer lives, and I need him every hour. I am His child, and I strive to walk in the light of His love. "He is risen! He is risen! He hath opened heaven's gate. We are free from sin's dark prison, Risen to a holier state. And a brighter Easter beam, on our longing eyes shall stream." Oh, how I love Him! Happiest of Easter's to you!

photo via Mark Mabry

2 comments: