Pages

Believe in the Good

Does it frustrate anybody else that the world seems to revolve around money?
You need food to live, you need money to buy said food.
You can't run around naked (dangit! jjuusstt kidding), so you need money to buy clothes.
Get an education, but pay thousands of dollars to attend.
Need to go somewhere? Go use the money you're barely hangin on with to buy some gas.
Want to do something fun? Treat yourself to something nice? I'm sorry, you don't have the means until next paycheck.
No need for me to go on. You know the frustration.
I have these unpleasant thoughts more frequently than I'd care to admit, and I hope I'm not the only one.
But as this reoccurring thought was swimming through my head today, I happened upon this video on good 'ole Facebook, and it enlightened my soul! 
We (...I) spend too much time doing things for the reward and/or the recognition. Don't get me wrong, I love so much to do things without all the hype afterwords. Being the "Unsung Hero", but I think it's human nature to be that way a little bit. After watching this video, my thoughts and goals have changed. Do things for the emotion. Be the good, and believe in the good. Like M. Russell Ballard said in the April 2011 General Conference talk Finding Joy through Loving Service, " Great things are wrought through simple and small things. Like the small flecks of gold that accumulate over time into a large treasure, our small and simple acts of kindness and service will accumulate into a life filled with love for Heavenly Father, devotion to the work of the Lord Jesus Christ, and a sense of peace and joy each time we reach out to one another." 


Doesn't this just warm your heart? It sure does mine. I hope we all can try a little harder to act on our promptings and have a greater desire to serve, no matter what the outcome!

And because this weather is PRIME, Happy Spring!




Yay for blooming yards!

No comments:

Post a Comment